Monday, February 7, 2011

After midnight .. Brain refuses to cease.

Human beings are unique in that they are the only animal that can not only hold within their minds a contradiction of known concepts, for example that one person can make a difference along with the acceptance of the impossibility of that same fact, or, another example being that love conquers all while equally aware of the inconsequentiality of one individuals singular emotion.That to possess something you have to give away all possesive claim to it is another.

Thus far, as we've lost many long held beliefs , that we alone fashion tools, that we alone make war, that we alone have empathy etc; this ability to hold two contradictory beliefs and from that create a sort of moral imperative.

Is this what it means to be human?

I wonder. If I simply surrendered to circumstance and stopped this grueling internal war of self attrition, would I not be conquered as I have feared, but would I perhaps conquer myself?

It's obvious my mind is restless

Small Pleasures (Μικρές Χαρές) 2008 from MovieTeller on Vimeo.


Here, watch a beautiful short film


http://vimeo.com/8033660

No comments: